Friday, November 8, 2019 / by AJ Shepard
PREVENT PIPES FROM FREEZING
Faucet covers are an easy and economical way of protecting your outdoor faucets. Uptown Properties will credit your tenant portal for up to two faucet covers (max $10) if you purchase and install them. Simply send a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
These faucet covers can be found at Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, Fred Meyer, etc.
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals out of the reach of children and pets
- When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing
- Keep the thermostat set to no lower than 60 degrees, even if you plan to be away from your home on vacation
Tenants are responsible for changing the furnace filter at least 4 times per year for single-family and condos. Refer to your lease for specific guidelines under "Home Care Addendum."
A clean filter allows for better circulation which allows your furnace to work more efficiently.
Keep your electric heaters clean.
If you have electric heaters in your home, please vacuum or dust them off occasionally to keep them in good working order. Refrain from stacking items too close to them, for safety sake.
SMOKE AND CO-DETECTORS
Tenants are responsible for changing the batteries in their smoke and co-detectors. It's a good idea to test these with each new season. If you have a 10-year detector and it is not working, take a photo of it and send in a work order through your tenant portal.
If you are experiencing minor household problems, please first refer to your lease under "Home Care Addendum." Many of these minor issues can be resolved easily by you. If you cannot resolve the issue and need help, please submit a work request with as much information as possible. Please include photos. This will help us better assess the problem in order to help you faster.
- Natural Gas Leak - If you have NW gas lines in your home and smell "rotten eggs" at any time, please call NW Natural Gas immediately to come out and assess the situation. 1-800-422-4012
If you have an emergency such as a fire, etc. of course, dial 911.
The original post can be found here.
To learn more about property management, click here